Harrison Mills Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
Darlene

Re: Harrison Mills Observations

Post by Darlene » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:33 am
Seems to be working better with Chrome - I don't like Chrome, but it does use HTML5 rather than Flash, so that at least is a good thing.

New page for viewing the cams coming soon.... :)
Glad you are back Judy!
Darlene, Langley BC

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:10 am

9:08am.. Many eagles on the CU Flats in front of Mom's empty perch and none on the stacking tree

9:12am.Thanks Darlene.....I need to have some lunch soon... I have the N Cam back on the nest .....
Last edited by IrishEyes on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 am

Slightly off-topic, but here's the link to the work-in-progress Live Cams page for the new website we're designing - http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/ - (and I want to assure everyone that the plan is to have the current website and forum back and running so we can do a gradual transition - but it's not back yet, and this is another way to view the cams, and has a link so you can view both HM cams on the same page.

Note - only the Harrison Mills cams are set up right now; I'll be adding the rest shortly, but this new website uses WordPress, and that's new to me, so everything takes longer than if I was doing it in a program I was more familiar with.

The lovely images on the buttons are thanks to gemini. :love:

The links under Menu and Store may not do anything useful - this is a work in progress, and we're prioritizing what's most useful while the regular website and forum are offline - and what we can figure out how to do as the tech person who knows the most about this won't be available to answer questions until next week.

If you notice any typos or things that don't look right, please let me know!

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 am
Slightly off-topic, but here's the link to the work-in-progress Live Cams page for the new website we're designing - http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/ - (and I want to assure everyone that the plan is to have the current website and forum back and running so we can do a gradual transition - but it's not back yet, and this is another way to view the cams, and has a link so you can view both HM cams on the same page.

Note - only the Harrison Mills cams are set up right now; I'll be adding the rest shortly, but this new website uses WordPress, and that's new to me, so everything takes longer than if I was doing it in a program I was more familiar with.

The lovely images on the buttons are thanks to gemini. :love:

The links under Menu and Store may not do anything useful - this is a work in progress, and we're prioritizing what's most useful while the regular website and forum are offline - and what we can figure out how to do as the tech person who knows the most about this won't be available to answer questions until next week.

If you notice any typos or things that don't look right, please let me know!
Thanks so very much Judy .... this is a lot of work...You are the best! ...As you know I am not very "Techie " LOL but this looks wonderful to me.. and thanks to gemini also..... :grouphug:
ADDED. I clicked on the cams for H Mills and they have a frame on both sides of them ...... Will they always be like that ?
I checked again and the frame is gone !
Last edited by IrishEyes on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:43 am

9:41am .. Very windy .. N Cam Direct Access Cam is sticking a lot .......Nest is empty..

9:53am... Lunch time here.... Off the NPTZ Cam at 9:54am..

BBL !

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:05 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 am

ADDED. I clicked on the cams for H Mills and they have a frame on both sides of them ...... Will they always be like that ?
Thanks, Bev!

They will have a frame if your window is wider than the cam width; I haven't figured how to make the still image before you click the triangle or the frame be the right width - it's on my list of questions for the tech person when he returns next week.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:05 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks, Bev!

They will have a frame if your window is wider than the cam width; I haven't figured how to make the still image before you click the triangle or the frame be the right width - it's on my list of questions for the tech person when he returns next week.
Thanks Judy.... The frame is gone now !

10:13a Quiet except for the wind at the empty nest .....Lunch is ready ..have to go!

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:37 am

10:33a Current Weather .. Mix of sun & clouds .....Wind: 14km/h NE .Gust :27km/h
N Cam cont.to stick every two+mins.or more.... Nest is empty and no eagle sounds heard !

BBL ..will have the embedded cams up though ......

11:12am On the NPTZ Cam.... The eagles on the flats in front of Mom's perch have left ! .Cam is back on the nest and I am off the NPTZ cam at 11:17am....

11:18a Hey Judy !.I tried the Delta 2 cams on the new website and saw Ma & Pa Delta on their nest :love: ..this time last year the Honeycombs were on their nest and had it all ready for their eggs before they went on their Winter Break..... what a difference a year makes ... :( I hope and pray we see Mom and whoever on the H Mills Nest soon !

11:20am .Both H Mills Embedded Cams are down...!
Added.I am unable to connect to the DirectAccess Cams .......wonder if there is a power outage !
Last edited by IrishEyes on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:55 am

11:54a.All H Mills Cams are still down..

All the WR Cams on the New Website are streaming also ! :clap:

Visit temporary backUp forum is streaming also ... :thumbup:

I will check in soon!
Last edited by IrishEyes on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Just checked the power outages site, and there's an outage that looks like it probably affected Pretty Estates. There's a tree down with 640 customers affected, and they expect to have someone onsite at 12:30, though they probably won't know until they arrive if they need extra supplies or anything. The good news is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of outages today, so they should be able to focus on this one quickly, and it does affect quite a few people.

And I should have the Lafarge link active soon!